Latest from Gauteng Metrorail.
Gauteng Metrorail, a service of PRASA Rail Operations will effortlessly move thousands of soccer loving fans to FNB stadium to witness yet another thrilling match between the two Soweto Giants, Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs. The game is scheduled for Saturday, 01 November 2014, at Soccer City with the kick off time at 15:30.
Gauteng Metrorail will run seven dedicated special trains to and from Nasrec station which is 5 minutes walking distance to FNB stadium including secured parking facilities at no extra cost at major stations. These trains will be coming from: Vereeniging, Leralla, Springs, Mabopane and Pienaarspoort to Nasrec Station and back. Two Shuttle trains will run between Johannesburg and Nasrec station for only R20 a return trip. Tickets are available at all Metrorail stations.
Fans will get to the stadium on time without having to worry about traffic jams and parking nightmares associated with such big matches. The soccer loving fans are invited to use Metrorail’s safe and convenient Park ŉ Rail facilities at selected stopping stations and at Johannesburg Park Station (Platform 11 & 12) on the day. Commuters are advised to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the departure of the special trains as no other trains will be provided outside the schedule.
The train schedule is included below:
- Springs -to- Nasrec: Train 2232 will depart from Springs Station at 12:25, Brakpan – 12:37, Benoni – 12:47, Dunswart – 12:50,
Germiston – 13:08, Johannesburg – 13:31 arriving in Nasrec at 14:01. After the match, Train 2233 will depart from Nasrec at 18:35 arriving back in Leralla at 20:11.
- Mabopane -to- Nasrec: Train 5510 will depart from Mabopane Station at 12:00, Soshanguve – 12:03, Kopanong – 12:08, Pretoria North – 12:24, Pretoria – 12:47, Centurion 12:59, Oakmoor 13:13, Rhodesfield – 13:30, Germiston – 13:47, Johannesburg – 14:09, arriving in Nasrec at 14:39. After the match, Train 5511 will depart from Nasrec at 18:15 arriving back in Mabopane at 20:47.
- Pienaarspoort -to- Nasrec: Train 5502 will depart from Pienaarspoort Station at 12:05, Mamelodi Gardens – 12:13, Eerste Fabrieke- 12:17, Denneboom- 12:20, Eersterust – 12:24, Pretoria – 12:41, Johannesburg – 13:51 arriving in Nasrec at 14:21. After the match, Train 5503 will depart from Nasrec at 18:20 arriving back in Pienaarspoort at 20:46.
- De Wilt -to- Pretoria North: Train 5518 departing from De Wilt 11:50, Talliardshoop 11:53, Ga-Rankuwa 11:55, Medunsa 11:58, Lynross 12:04 arriving in Pretoria North at 12:15. Departure after game from Pretoria North – Train no 5519 at 20:40, arriving in De Wilt at 21:05.
- Saulsville -to- Pretoria: Train 5506 departing from Saulsville 12:10, Atteridgeville 12:12, Kalafong 12:14 arriving in Pretoria at 12:32. Departure after game from Pretoria – Train no 5509 at 20:20, arriving in Saulsville at 20:42.
- Shuttle service from Johannesburg to Nasrec:
There will be two (2) dedicated train sets shuttling fans between Johannesburg Park Station and Nasrec Station.
- First shuttle train 2256 will depart at 13:10 and the second shuttle train 2252 at 14:40 to Nasrec Station.
- After the game, all shuttle trains will depart from Nasrec at 18:00 and 18:45 back to Park Station.